- You will normally need a good honours degree to enter a Master's level programme (2.2 or above). However, it is recognised that some applicants may not meet these standard requirements, yet may be desirable candidates with other and appropriate skills and knowledge. In this case they may be offered the opportunity to complete an orientation module or a portfolio to demonstrate their ability to work at level 7. Applicants may be asked to attend an interview.
- The University normally accepts non-UK qualifications equivalent to those outlined above and confirmed through NARIC.
Months of entry
This MA offers you the opportunity to explore current issues within early childhood education in national and international contexts, and can open up a wide range of career opportunities in areas including childcare management, lecturing and research.
It focuses on the crucial role that experiences in early education play in producing happy, healthy and successful children. Drawing on your own professional experience, practice and interests you'll be able to research and develop specialist areas of expertise within this field.
Specifically, our re-validated course provides an exciting new opportunity to:
- Engage in rigorous and critical professional development
- Explore issues of relevance to your own workplace
- Enhance your skills in research and critical enquiry
- Investigate the latest research
- Innovate and lead practice
The MA attracts a wide range of graduates from a variety of backgrounds not necessarily Early Years related but those who wish to expand and deepen their knowledge of young children from birth to 8 years. Throughout the course you will have the opportunity to engage in extracurricular activities hosted by the University such as conferences, open lectures, and visits to early years settings.
The course is based at our Medway campus and can be studied on a full or part-time basis.
Information for international students
Canterbury Christ Church University welcomes applications from International Students. For more information please visit our website.
Fees and funding
For up to date fee and loan information please visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions (Postgraduate Admissions)
- 01227 782900