The minimal qualification for PhD applicants is: a good bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, an excellent research proposal. However, a Master's degree is often preferred as evidence of some experience in research. Holders of other qualifications are welcome to apply.
Months of entry
Staff research interests cover a wide spectrum of computing topics in relation to MPhil/PhD research in Computing.
Particular research strengths are in the areas of investigation of security of embedded computer systems and Internet of Things (IoT), HCI, server-side systems, forensic computing and cybercrime forensics.
Available MPhil and PhD supervisors
- Image processing and pattern recognition for wildlife, biometric, forensic and border security applications.
- Pervasive computing and ambient intelligence for Internet of Things.
- Assistive technologies and robotic systems to enhance the quality of life.
- Usability of forensic and security software, healthcare-related systems, teaching of computer programming.
- cyber security, e-safety, privacy and confidentiality, computer trust management, semantic analysis for spam filtering and traffic analysis.
- cybercrime laws and forensics, intelligent computing and applications, cloud and green computing, computer graphics/image/animation, human-computer interaction, web/e-commerce applications.
- collaborative scientific research, grid/HPC/distributed systems, parallel/concurrent programming, mass information processing, scientific imaging/models.
- cybercrime education, digital forensics, encryption, distributed systems and networks, policing digital crime.
- security of the internet of things, smart device forensics, distributed computing architectures for large-scale mobile phone investigation.
Information for international students
Canterbury Christ Church University welcomes applications from international Students. Please visit our website for information.
Fees and funding
Canterbury Christ Church University Graduate School holds an annual scholarship competition. Details can be found on our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Abhaya Induruwa