A good honours degree, defined as a first class or second class honours degree, in English or a relevant subject discipline. Holders of other qualifications will be considered individually. Entry requirements for international students whose first language is not English include an IELTS overall score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in reading and writing.
Degree name: English Literature, Pathways - English Literature, English (Literatures of Childhood), English (Literatures Victorian and Modern), English (Literatures Medieval and Early Modern)
Months of entry
An MA in English is increasingly regarded as a valuable extension of undergraduate study in that it:
- offers you an anticipated edge in the professional job market;
- enhances applications for teacher training where advanced specialist knowledge can be an asset. The PGCE English team in the Education department at Canterbury Christ Church University strongly encourages students to gain an MA before applying for the PGCE;
- provides essential postgraduate experience for you if you intend to continue your study of literature at MPhil/PhD level;
- provides a period of literary study if you wish to take a career break.
Intended to meet the needs of students who wish to engage in fast-track further study leading to a Master's qualification, our MA is offered full-time (one calendar year). If you'd prefer to study part-time it can also be taken over two years.
The timetable has been designed with concentration of seminars within two days (Mondays and Tuesdays) to offer flexibility with your other commitments.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Department (Postgraduate Admissions)
- +44 (0)1227 782900
- +44 (0)1227 782888