A good honours degree, defined as a first class or second class honours degree, in English or a relevant subject discipline. Holders of other qualifications will be considered individually.
Months of entry
The English team at Canterbury Christ Church University is based in the School of Humanities and has a proven track record of excellent supervision by active and internationally acclaimed academic researchers. It has an established and vibrant postgraduate community.
An MA in English is increasingly regarded as a valuable extension of undergraduate study in that it:
- offers you an anticipated edge in the professional job market;
- enhances applications for teacher training where advanced specialist knowledge can be an asset. The PGCE English team in the Education department at Canterbury Christ Church University strongly encourages students to gain an MA before applying for the PGCE;
- provides essential postgraduate experience for you if you intend to continue your study of literature at MPhil/PhD level;
- provides a period of literary study if you wish to take a career break.
Intended to meet the needs of students who wish to engage in fast-track further study leading to a Master's qualification, our MA is offered full-time (one calendar year). If you'd prefer to study part-time it can also be taken over two years.
The timetable has been designed with concentration of seminars within two days (Mondays and Tuesdays) to offer flexibility with your other commitments.
Information for international students
Entry requirements for international students whose first language is not English include an IELTS overall score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in reading and writing.
Fees and funding
For up to date fee and loan information please visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Taught enquiries