For the 'experience' route you will need to have a relevant Bachelor's degree at 2:2 or above; approximately one year's classroom teaching experience. For the 'non- experience' route you will need to have a relevant Bachelor's degree at 2:2 or above and proven language learning ability. For both routes, if your mother tongue is not English you will need to have IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Months of entry
Our MA TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) will help you obtain professional promotion to positions in TESOL where MA qualifications are necessary or desirable.
- develop your teaching expertise and an understanding of many approaches to teaching English as a foreign, second or other language
- become familiar with a wide range of literature about the field of teaching English
- develop an ability to present an argument in an academic context
- learn how to carry out research related to many aspects of TESOL
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Language Studies and Applied Linguistics
- +44 (0)1227 782585
- +44 (0)1227 781558