A relevant first degree in health/social social sciences or a professional registration to practice in health and/or social care or equivalent.
Consideration is given to other graduates who can demonstrate the relevance of this award to their career development.
Students should normally have had some relevant work experience, be working in a relevant field of practice, or will have access to one.
International students will need to meet the requirements of any international student coming to study in the UK
Months of entry
The MSc Public Health will prepare you for senior and strategic roles within the public health workforce, such as those in local/municipal authorities, health care, business, social care, the voluntary sector or education. It will provide you with a deep understanding about how to prevent illness and promote good health and wellbeing. You will learn the knowledge and skills that underpin public health practice at individual, community, national and international levels, as well as how to address the specific health needs of the UK population.
By studying our MSc Public Health, you will critically engage with the theories, principles and practise that are core to public health and health promotion. These include engagement with:
- Philosophies of health and health promotion
- Social and cultural determinants of health and inequalities in health
- Communicable and non-communicable threats to health
- Epidemiology and its application to disease prevention
- Risk assessment, health needs assessment and health impact assessment
- Ethical perspectives in health promotion and public health
- The physical environment and health
- Inter-sectoral, national and international health policies and drivers
- Community development and health improvement
- Arts and health
- Research and evaluation
The MSc Public Health learning outcomes are informed by the UK Public Health Skills and Knowledge Framework (levels 7 and 8) as well as the International Union of Health Promotion and Education: CompHP Professional Standards for Health Promotion.
Information for international students
Canterbury Christ Church University welcomes applications from International Students. For more information please visit our website.
Fees and funding
For up to date fee and loan information please visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Sara Church
- 01227 782418