A good honours degree (2.1 or above) in a subject other than psychology, or a non- accredited (combined / single honours) degree that includes psychology.
Applicants whose native language is not English must satisfy the University's requirements for English language proficiency (IELTS 6.5, or higher, or TOEFL 570/230, or higher).
Months of entry
Psychology is all around us. It's one of the most diverse and fascinating subjects. We have an equally diverse team of research-active staff who work at the forefront of their research areas, from the mental world to the real world. We bring that expertise to our lectures, seminars, and practical classes. The MSc Psychology (conversion course) at CCCU offers more than the core areas of psychology. The training in research methods will offer you the opportunity to engage in sophisticated, postgraduate level research. The course is also designed with vocational/professional training in mind. While every student will need to complete core modules, this course offers optional modules, which tie in with the research themes in our team:
- Society & Environment.
- Learning & Development.
- Cognition & Creativity.
- Health & Wellbeing.
These modules will immerse you in current research by the Psychology Team at CCCU and, together with your project, offer you the chance to actively contribute to that research. In addition, you will also receive some sessions to help you in your journey towards your chosen career path.
- This course will give you a Master’s level qualification that confers eligibility for GBC with the BPS.
- You will benefit from hands on, enquiry based learning.
- You will be involved in cutting edge research currently being conducted by the Psychology Team at this university.
- You will be assigned a personal tutor who will also double as your mentor. This person will be your first port of call and will be available throughout your time with us. We also have a dedicated Psychology Student Welfare Officer.
- After completing this MSc, you will be in an optimal position to decide which route is best for your future career in psychology, with the knowledge and confidence that you have been provided with all the tools you need to make a fully informed decision.
Information for international students
Canterbury Christ Church University welcomes applications from International Students. For more information please visit our website.
Fees and funding
For up to date fee and loan information please visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Psychology, Politics and Sociology Postgraduate Administrator