An honours degree of at least lower second class (2:2) standard, with 50% of degree modules related to the PGCE subject is preferred.
However, candidates with a C or above at A level in the PGCE subject and with other relevant experience in an education setting, will also be considered.
English, maths and science at GCSE (Grade C or above) or equivalent, and to have passed the government's skills test in literacy and numeracy.
Months of entry
Do you love your subject, but want the breadth of teaching that primary teaching offers? Do you love working with the primary age range, but also want to develop a specialist subject which will enable you to teach in both primary and secondary schools? If so, then this may be the PGCE course for you.
The PGCE 7-14 trains teachers to teach in both primary and secondary schools. It will train student teachers to:
- be primary subject specialists who can also teach across the curriculum at a time when many primary schools are utilising subject specialists in their timetabling and teaching at Key Stage 2;
- be secondary subject specialists with a sound knowledge of primary practice, matching the direction in which curriculum at Key Stage 3 is traveling
- be specialists who can teach across the whole age range (e.g. as required in international or independent schools)
- understand and manage transition from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3;
- be flexible enough to move between phases of education.
We believe that the course offers an exciting opportunity for those who qualify to make a unique contribution to the education of children and young people. Indeed, part of the mission of the course is to enable teachers who qualify to ease the transition of pupils between these two stages, and to help policy and practice in both stages come closer together.
Information for international students
Canterbury Christ Church University welcomes applications from International Students. For more information please visit our website.
Fees and funding
For up to date fee and loan information please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details