Appropriate honours degree with experience in leadership and/or management within the field of education.
Months of entry
Our MBA in Education Leadership and Management has been designed for experienced teachers, departmental heads, lecturers, managers, leaders and senior professionals working in education in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors in the UK and abroad. In an increasingly competitive environment, this course provides educational practitioners with an opportunity to develop your organisational, management and business skills as well as to enhance your professional practice.
This MBA is delivered through a partnership between the Business School and the Faculty of Education. Staff from the Business School combine excellence in their academic disciplines with considerable educational, managerial and business experience as well as active research in both the public and private sectors. Recognised nationally and internationally as a centre of excellence for teacher education and development, the Faculty of Education has also developed a reputation for being at the cutting edge of knowledge and training in education.
You will be able to access:
- the attention and focus on changes and challenges with the education sector
- the teaching and skilled facilitation offered by a programme team with a long history of working with education practitioners and managers from a variety of contexts
- the opportunity to work with leaders and managements in preparation for current challenges and future environments
- the credibility and reputation of the interprofessional learning and teaching communities which provide opportunities for networking and knowledge exchange
- placements in a local host school or college to enable overseas students to familiarise themselves with the English system and to provide all students with an organisational base for research
- study visits to schools and colleges in other parts of the country
- the opportunity to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds to develop a community of practice that we will encourage to continue beyond the end of the MBA programme
- residential weekends for intensive group study and masterclasses with leading practitioners and scholars.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Business School
- 01227 863598