- An honours degree (2.1 or above) that is acceptable to the Programme Director.
- A recognised Masters Degree acceptable to the University for entry to the programme (exemption will then be given to the 120 Credits of Level 7 required to complete the programme).
- A Masters of Research in Management (where appropriate credit exemptions on the DMgt may be given for previous successful study).
- Candidates with exceptional and extensive work experience in management roles will also be considered for entry to the programme.
Months of entry
This course provides for advanced research study in the field of Management. It aims to provide aspiring managers and business specialists with key insights in to research theory and practice within the management discipline. Specifically the objectives of this course are:
- To develop advanced research training and leading edge research practice and management theory at a professional and academic level.
- To provide an interdisciplinary context to research, gaining support from a variety of technical, academic and disciplinary contexts.
- Develop and apply key knowledge and understanding of Management theory and research practice to complex systems, both systematically and creatively, to advance and improve management theory and practice.
- To enhance independent and high level learning skills and personal development (critical awareness of the limits of various research techniques via taught modules and debates) so that researchers are able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to the management discipline.
This programme is subject to validation for September 2017 entry and the information provided may be subject to change. All new programmes at the University must undergo validation, the purpose of which is to ensure that the proposed programme is aligned to the University's Mission and its content reflects appropriate levels of academic standards and quality.
Information for international students
Before making an application, international students (those outside of the EU), should contact the International Office at Cardiff Met to discuss the necessary procedures in relation to studying with us. For further information visit: Welcome to the International Office
Fees and funding
Please visit our website for information on:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details