Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
For entry requirements for this course, please visit our website
Months of entry
The aim of this course is to provide, at an advanced level, knowledge and skills in wireless and microwave communication engineering with the addition of specialist skills in business and entrepreneurship. It is designed to meet the urgent need for specialists trained in this field.
This course aims to provide you with key, advanced level knowledge and skills that will allow you to succeed in the rapidly growing wireless and microwave communication industry. You will also develop research skills and other related abilities, enhancing your general engineering competency, employability, and providing you with an excellent platform for career development, whether that be within industry or academic research.
In addition, modules delivered by Cardiff University’s internationally recognised Business School will allow you the opportunity to gain valuable skills in entrepreneurship and an insight into what’s involved in starting your own business.
More specifically, the programme aims to equip you with:
- Expertise in new and evolving areas, such as advanced microwave computer aided design and communication systems engineering.
- Laboratory time and advanced engineering management alongside modules in radio frequency engineering, advanced industry standard microwave computer aided design (CAD) tools, fabrication and testing, advanced communication systems, advanced communication networks and non-linear RF designs and concepts.
- Skills in entrepreneurship across a variety of business and technology disciplines complemented by the specialist modules taught by Cardiff Business School.
- Real world technology product development experience, learn best practices and build an exceptional network from seasoned and successful entrepreneurs.
- If you have software skills, you will have the opportunity to apply to the Alacrity Foundation to take part in their “boot camp”. This 12 month programme provides graduates with practical business training, software skills & mentorship so they can develop as entrepreneurs and launch their own UK based technology companies.
The distinctive features of this course include:
- The opportunity to learn in a research-led teaching institution taught by staff in one of the highest ranked university units in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014).
- MSc teaching complemented by guest lectures given by industrial professionals.
- A unique opportunity to participate in the Alacrity Foundation Programme.
- A programme partially based on a successful and well-established course - Wireless and Microwave Communication Engineering (MSc).
- Specialist modules taught by the Cardiff Business School.
Fees and funding
If you’re a home-fee paying student, you can apply for a £3,000 Master’s Excellence Scholarship from Cardiff University to help cover the cost of this programme.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 4455