An upper 2nd class honours degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or a similar field from a good UK university or an equivalent international degree qualification. If you have a good 2:2 or equivalent, or relevant industrial experience, we will give your application individual consideration.
Months of entry
This course aims to provide you with key, advanced level knowledge and skills that will allow you to succeed in the rapidly growing wireless and microwave communication industry. You will also develop research skills and other related abilities, enhancing your general engineering competency, employability, and providing you with an excellent platform for career development, whether that be within industry or academic research.
In addition, modules delivered by Cardiff University’s internationally recognised Business School will allow you the opportunity to gain valuable skills in entrepreneurship and an insight into what’s involved in starting your own business.
More specifically, the programme aims to equip you with:
- Expertise in new and evolving areas, such as advanced microwave computer aided design and communication systems engineering.
- Laboratory time and advanced engineering management alongside modules in radio frequency engineering, advanced industry standard microwave computer aided design (CAD) tools, fabrication and testing, advanced communication systems, advanced communication networks and non-linear RF designs and concepts.
- Skills in entrepreneurship across a variety of business and technology disciplines complemented by the specialist modules taught by Cardiff Business School.
- Real world technology product development experience, learn best practices and build an exceptional network from seasoned and successful entrepreneurs.
- If you have software skills, you will have the opportunity to apply to the Alacrity Foundation to take part in their “boot camp”. This 12 month programme provides graduates with practical business training, software skills & mentorship so they can develop as entrepreneurs and launch their own UK based technology companies.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)29 2087 0050