See our website for details.
Months of entry
The PhD programme in Applied Linguistics at Cardiff is designed to meet the needs of part-time, distance-learning students who work in the broad areas of lexical research and lexical perspectives on language issues.
- The programme is tightly structured around monthly and yearly tasks which enable students to maintain the momentum of their studies
- Students are well supported, with the opportunity for regular supervision meetings via electronic means
- Students have the opportunity to participate in a strong research group, with access to a rich bank of source materials and research tools
- Monthly newsletters keep students up to date with relevant activities and network news
- There is an annual conference, held in the UK, which provides an opportunity for face-to-face contact between students, supervisors and established researchers
- Students are encouraged to make connections between their research and their working environment, and many conduct empirical research within their day-to-day work context
- Funding worth £1250 across the period of a PhD candidature is available for students to attend conferences and workshops, or undertake library/archive visits related to their PhD studies.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084