Applicants from the United Kingdom will normally be expected to have a degree in Philosophy or Religious Studies, either Single Honours or Joint Honours, at least at 2.1 level. Applicants with degrees in related disciplines may also be considered. Applicants from abroad should have an equivalent qualification or period of study. Additional experience may, in appropriate cases, compensate for a degree result below 2.1. Applications from non-graduates eligible for entry under Cardiff University Regulations will also be considered. Applicants will usually be asked to submit written work to be considered with their application.
Months of entry
This course offers knowledge and expertise for further research, postgraduate vocational training, or entry on to a variety of professional career paths.Special Features
- Suitable either as preparation for further research in ethics and social philosophy or as a stand-alone postgraduate qualification.
- Teaching is by seminars and discussion.
- Specialist courses and dissertation supervision.
- Extensive library holdings of books, journals and electronic sources.
- Regular research seminars with visiting speakers, and additional postgraduate research seminars.
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 required.
Fees and funding
This course is included in the Masters Excellence Scholarship 2015 (Pathway to PhD) scheme. If you are looking at applying for a Masters degree with the intention of going on to study at PhD level then you are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The application will ask you to consider your research area and future sources of funding. It is recognised, however, that in making this application there is not a commitment to undertake further study, or to undertake further studies at Cardiff University. Similarly, in making an award, Cardiff University is not committing to making an offer for further study or for a further award.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- ENCAP Postgraduate Office, Timothy Collins
- +44 (0)29 2087 4722