The qualifications are suitable for chaplains (lay or ordained, and from different faiths), working in different sectors including: the military, healthcare, schools, universities, prisons, the workplace, sports, the emergency services, etc. Those undertaking the course will be involved in some kind of professional chaplaincy, on a full or part-time basis. If appropriate, it is also possible for those who do not work in the chaplaincy field to follow this course. Students are encouraged to write to the department explaining their particular area of interest and asking for further details before submitting a formal application.
Months of entry
The postgraduate qualifications in Chaplaincy Studies offer the knowledge and expertise to enable students to contribute more fully to their roles as chaplains through the development of intellectual competence and research skills, alongside deepening reflective practice and enhanced pastoral activity.
- Postgraduate, post-experience qualifications directly tailored to the distinctive needs and ministry of chaplains
- Provides the opportunity to meet and study with chaplains from other sectors
- Delivered in an ecumenical collegiate environment where study, worship and reflection belong together
- Integrates a multi-faith perspective in all teaching and discussion;
- A three year-programme offered via four short residential schools per year with individually directed personal study
Information for international students
An average IELTS score of 6.5
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Tina Franklin
- +44 (0)29 2083 8009