Suitable for graduates with a first or upper-second class honours degree in Physics, Astrophysics, Mathematics, Electronics or a related subject, depending on the research area.
Months of entry
January, October, July, April
To offer knowledge and expertise for a career in the academic world, industry or to pursue a variety of other opportunities in which a strong background in physics is useful and important.
- The Musical Acoustics Group has a wide range of facilities at its disposal in its laboratory, including laser holographic interferometry for visualising the modal properties of musical instruments and a small anechoic chamber, in which we investigate the sound fields generated by the vibrating structure
- Research students take specialist academic courses and courses to develop their communication and personal skills
- There is a full programme of seminars and the individual research groups hold regular meetings where members present new results and discuss their research in detail
- There is an annual postgraduate conference and a research student poster competition
- There are active collaborations with research groups overseas and regular attendance at major international conferences by staff and students
For more information please click here
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English are normally expected to meet the minimum University requirements (e.g. 6.5 IELTS).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Miss Nicola Hunt
- +44 (0) 29 2087 6457