Please visit our website for the entry requirements of this course.
Months of entry
The MSc Eco Cities course addresses how cities can be planned and built to promote low carbon lifestyles. You will explore how ecological development can mitigate climate change and promote more sustainable ways of living.
The course addresses the serious and complex questions of how cities can be planned and managed in a more resource efficient way. These include:
- What is a low carbon and ecological (sustainable) city?
- How can city and regional planning effectively guide sustainable development?
- Can cities be planned and built to promote low carbon lifestyles and foster ecological development that can mitigate climate change?
- How can urban areas adapt to climate change?
You will gain a critical understanding of the forms of development that badge themselves as sustainable or low carbon and will develop the skills to take forward innovative environmentally friendly urban developments that are sensitive to the needs of sustainable spaces.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084