Applicants should normally hold a first or second class Honours degree in an appropriate subject. This MSc is suitable for graduates in most subjects and is a particularly popular choice for graduates in economics, geography, architecture, sociology, engineering, politics and history. Applications from mature students with a relevant professional background are also welcome. The course is specifically aimed at those wishing to gain a professional qualification in planning.
Months of entry
The course aims to put you on the road to being a good planner. It has the following main aims:
- Develops core planning skills, applicable at a range of spatial scales
- Nurtures professional judgement;
- Develops specialised skills which will make graduates employable with a wide range of employers.
- This MSc is a combined planning course and is itself fully recognised by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI). The course provides the full RTPI educational requirement, so that successful completion of the MSc with the necessary RTPI practice requirements allows direct membership entry to the Institute.
- It is also accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), allowing completion of the educational requirement for RICS membership.
- Provides skills and knowledge of direct value in the planning office in public, private and voluntary sectors, including research skills.
- Supports the development of analytical abilities which are used to provide insight into the nature and purpose of planning.
For more information please click here
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Huw Thomas
- +44 (0)29 208 74463