Please see our website.
Months of entry
Our well-established part-time programmes are specifically designed to accommodate the training requirements for occupational settings. These include industry, commerce and other professions as well as higher, further, community and nurse education.
This programme of initial teacher training/education is specifically designed for those wanting to teach in post-compulsory contexts; it has been designed to accommodate the learning and development requirements of teachers, lecturers, vocational trainers in industry, commerce or other professions such as higher, further, adult, community and nurse education, school sixth forms and for those delivering the 14-19 curriculum within a school or other setting.
The Post-Compulsory Education and Training (PCET) programme addresses a range of teaching subjects and vocational areas and is suitable for those wishing to teach in the post-compulsory or the lifelong learning sector.
The programme has been designed to provide you with knowledge, understanding and skills relevant for employment in this crucially important sector of education. It offers a balanced combination of theory and practice which aims to prepare individuals as autonomous professionals who understand the various complex factors that can promote or inhibit learning, and who also view learning as a co-operative enterprise.
Reflective practice is an important underpinning theme which permeates all compulsory modules to the total value of 120 credits (60 credits at Level 7 and 60 credits at Level 6).
You will graduate with a broad spectrum of knowledge from the disciplines of education and a variety of transferable skills that employers will value.
This programme aims to:
- Enable you to explore, build on and further develop the professional skills, set of competencies, knowledge and understanding needed for successful teaching and training in the post-compulsory education and training sector.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the skills required to engage learners, promote learning and maximise learning potential.
- Introduce you to the factors needed to be considered to promote an inclusive learning environment and meet the needs of a diverse range of learners with individual learning needs.
- Provide you with the opportunity to review educational debates, investigate issues surrounding teaching and learning and develop higher level analytic and empirical skills and research capacity/competency.
- Explore a range of sources and empirical data that impact on teaching and learning in post-compulsory education and training.
- Prepare teachers for the post compulsory sector who are reflexive and committed to the profession.
Fees and funding
Visit our website for information on Funding and fees.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084