See our website for details.
Months of entry
This programme of initial teacher training/education is specifically designed for those wanting to teach in post-compulsory contexts.
It has been designed to accommodate the learning and development requirements of teachers, lecturers, vocational trainers in industry, commerce or other professions such as higher, further, adult, community and nurse education, school sixth forms and for those delivering the 14-19 curriculum within a school or other setting. The PGCE programme addresses a range of teaching subjects and vocational areas and is suitable for those wishing to teach in the post-compulsory or the lifelong learning sector.
We aim to:
- Enable you to explore, build on and further develop the professional skills, set of competencies, knowledge and understanding needed for successful teaching and training in the post-compulsory education and training sector.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the skills required to engage learners, promote learning and maximise learning potential.
- Introduce you to the factors needed to be considered in order to promote an inclusive learning environment and meet the needs of a diverse range of learners with individual learning needs.
- Provide you with the opportunity to review educational debates, investigate issues surrounding teaching and learning and develop higher level analytic and empirical skills and research capacity/competency.
- Explore a range of sources and empirical data that impact on teaching and learning in post-compulsory education and training.
- Prepare teachers for the post compulsory sector who are reflexive and committed to the profession.
All above aims are cognisance of prevailing policy within the sector.
This course provides you with an opportunity to review educational debates, investigate issues surrounding learning and teaching, and develop higher level analytic and empirical skills. It will provide substantive learning and practical opportunities for professional practice and training.
The course marks the beginning of a period of professional development which will extend into your career as a teacher.
The overall aims of the course are to prepare you for the role as an autonomous professional, who views teaching as a co-operative enterprise and to recognise the need for continuing professional development.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084