See our website for details.
Months of entry
The Professional Doctorate is a part-time programme which combines six taught modules and a research thesis. There are currently four doctoral degrees:
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Doctor of Social Work (DSW)
- Doctor of Health Studies (DHS)
- Doctor of Social and Public Policy (SPPD)
Each degree consists of two major elements:
- Part One: completion of six taught weekend modules, each with a 4,000 word assignment or equivalent task
- Part Two: research thesis of between 35,000 to 50,000 words in length. The research thesis may focus on any approved topic and is individually supervised by academic staff.
There are three different types of taught modules: 4 core and 2 specialist.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084