For entry requirements, please visit our website: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/courses/course/applied-environmental-geology
Months of entry
Our vocationally focused MSc degree in Applied Environmental Geology provides the requisite skills for employment in professional geo-environmental and geotechnical consultancies and government environmental agencies.
Professional geologists working in consultancies, regulatory authorities and government environmental agencies are required to apply a wide range of transferrable skills to their jobs. Candidates who are able to demonstrate skills in public engagement, communication, professional research and report-writing, in addition to academic knowledge and field skills, are therefore highly sought after in these professions.
This full-time MSc Applied Environmental Geology is part taught and part professional project. We aim to develop your transferrable skills in a professional context and give you a head start in the geology profession of your choice or starting a PhD.Distinctive features
- Our location in South Wales provides us with a wide range of highly relevant geoenvironmental and geotechnical locations, which we visit during fieldtrips and use in case studies.
- Embed your skills in professional practice through a five month professional project, usually as part of a placement.
- Strong links with industry and government agencies ensure the quality and relevance of the course, and give you the opportunity to make contacts.
- Fully integrated with the professional development (CPD) lecture programme of the Southern Wales Group of the Geological Society of London.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Peter Brabham
- +44 (0)29 2087 4334