For entry requirements, please see our website.
Months of entry
The aim of this programme is to provide individuals with a platform to explore, analyse and interpret contemporary biological data. This course offers Masters level instruction in Bioinformatics with a focus on genomic bioinformatics. You will develop key skills for the analyses of omics data including genomics data from next generation sequencing technologies. Additional skills around emerging omics including metabolomics and proteomics will also be developed.
This programme has been designed with the needs of academic research, biotechnology and the pharmaceutical and health care industries in mind. We will provide instruction in computational and statistical biosciences and students will foster these additional complementary skills required to enable individuals to work effectively within a multidisciplinary bioinformatics arena.
Aims of the Programme:
- To provide you with the interdisciplinary practical skills and knowledge of computational and statistical biosciences to prepare them for challenging careers in academic research, biotechnology, the pharmaceutical and health care industries;
- To introduce the commonly exploited computational, statistical and analytical approaches to post genomic biology and genetics;
- To develop skills to understand and critically evaluate research methodologies and conclusions in order that they can make sound judgements about the applicability of these techniques to their own research;
- To develop competency in both the design and analysis of studies and the effective extraction of information in genetics, genomics and other biosciences coupled with the ability to communicate the information, results, issues and ideas to audiences of both a specialist and non-specialist background;
- To prepare and provide guidance to perform an original piece of research within the specialist area in which they wish to pursue their career. This area of the course also aims to strengthen your ability to take the initiative and responsibility for planning and carrying out tasks and demonstrate original thought in tackling and solving problems as would be necessary in employment.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Applicant enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 9999