Students are normally expected to hold either:
- UK/EU Students: BSc (Hons) Optometry, GOC registration or equivalent national qualification
- Overseas: a) Honours degree in Optometry or b) Professional optometric qualification of home country
- Non UK/EU Students: a) Honours degree in optometry or b) Professional optometric qualification of home country
- Further Education Students: (Direct Entry)
Months of entry
The distance learning Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) in Glaucoma aims to help eye care professionals to develop the specific skills and knowledge to manage patients with glaucoma.
The course modules have been specifically designed to complement the levels of activity and responsibility that ophthalmic nurses, optometrists and orthoptists could undertake in community and hospital practice. The content is aligned, wherever possible, with national pathways for enhanced services and professional accreditation schemes.
All of the course modules are accredited for the college of optometrists’ higher qualifications.
The majority of the course is delivered via learning central, the University's e-learning system. You will have access to multimedia lecture presentations, supporting resources and discussions led by course tutors. On many of the modules, leading educators in the field also provide practical skills workshops and tutorials.
- All of the modules are accredited for the College of Optometrists’ Higher Professional qualifications.
- This is the only university that offers all the Higher Professional qualifications in Glaucoma.
- The opportunity to learn within a leading Optometry School, rated excellent for teaching and research.
- The involvement of research-active staff in course design and delivery.
- The variety of modules on offer.
- The flexibility of open learning.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries