- 1st cycle degree in Economics, Business/Management or other quantitative discipline
- English Proficiency
- International exposure (exchange, summer school or internship)
- Extracurricular achievements
Months of entry
The MSc in Economics provides students with the conceptual tools and advanced analytic techniques to apply economic reasoning to demanding issues in today's private business, public policy, and academic research domains.
The program follows rigorous international standards. Classes are small, taught by internationally recognized professors and industry experts, and focused on advanced economic knowledge and techniques. The program is suited to students with both applied interests and more research-oriented profiles. The MSc in Economics also gives you also the opportunity to pursue a Double Degree or a Joint Degree at a top international school, or an exchange semester.
While taking the Economics foundation courses, you can also focus on a Major. At the same time, you'll be prepared for the workplace with Leadership Lab activities and internship opportunities. Finally, you'll work on your thesis project and be ready to launch your professional career.
This program is designed to provide you with the academic knowledge, the technical tools, and the practical skills to succeed in a variety of possible careers in the private and public sectors. Graduates pursue high level careers in international agencies, regulation and competition bodies, and universities, as well as in consulting, finance, strategy and accounting, among other fields.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Graduates in Economics, Management with strong quantitative background, or another quantitative discipline who seek to acquire the conceptual tools and training in quantitative methods to understand economic issues and apply economic reasoning to private business, public policy, or academic research domains;
- International exposure (exchange, summer school or internship abroad) and extracurricular achievements are highly valued by the Admissions Jury.
- Have a Master degree at one of the preeminent business and economics schools in Europe, ranked by The Financial Times in the list of Top European Business Schools;
- Became part of an alumni network of more than 10.000 graduates worldwide;
- Choosing one of the majors offer you have the opportunity to invest and specialize in your favorite field, while presenting a balanced perspective on Economics;
- CATÓLICA-LISBON is well-known for its academic excellence! We offer rigorous quality in every course we teach using state-of-the-art knowledge;
- A Master's degree will ensure better placement success rates, higher autonomy and responsibility during your first jobs and most importantly, greater potential! CATÓLICA-LISBON places over 96% of its graduates in 3 months after completing their degree.
Information for international students
In addition to this scholarship provided by the school, we strongly recommend that you check in your home country about local government scholarship possibilities. Please note that late applications from overseas candidates requiring visas will only be considered if their visa request is already being processed.
Fees and funding
CATÓLICA TOP+ SCHOLARSHIP
CATÓLICA Top+ is a scholarship program meant for students with an outstanding academic record.
Implemented by CATÓLICA-LISBON, this program allows high-potential students to complete their MSc with a partial waiver of tuition fees.
We encourage outstanding students to apply for this scholarship, especially those that have completed their first cycle degree at the top of their classes.
The following criteria are highly valued by the jury:
- Undergraduate GPA;
- International experience;
- Professional experience (e.g. internships);
- Extracurricular activities;
- Contribution to the diversity of the cohort;
- Contribution to school activities.
How to apply
When submitting your application on the platform, you must upload a letter stating why you qualify for the Católica Top+ scholarship.
Note: Double Degree and Joint Degree students can only be granted a scholarship in the 1st year.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Marketing & Admissions Office