- 1st cycle degree with quantitative background
- High academic standing
- English Proficiency
- Professional experience/internship (up to 2 years)
- International exposure (exchange, summer school or internship)
- Extracurricular achievements
Months of entry
The MSc in Finance prepares students for high level careers in the global financial industry. CATÓLICA-LISBON offers a unique opportunity to prepare for the internationally recognized CFA® Level 1 exam during the degree. You can also pursue an extra exchange semester or a Double Degree at a top international business school.
The MSc in Finance is a rigorous and comprehensive program which aims at developing finance professionals with strong ethics and an in-depth knowledge of the field, both in financial investments and corporate finance.
The program combines theoretical rigor with a practical hands-on approach. Students have the opportunity to explore hedge fund strategies, discuss corporate restructuring, empirically test investment strategies, and immerse themselves in private equity or M&A deals.
CATÓLICA-LISBON offers a unique opportunity to prepare for the internationally recognized CFA® Level 1 exam during the degree. You can also pursue an extra exchange semester or a Double Degree at a top international business school.
Our graduates pursue high-level careers in investment banks, other financial institutions, consultancies, and other major corporations all over the world.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Graduates in Business, Economics, or another Quantitative discipline that seek to improve their financial knowledge and skills in order to pursue a high level international career;
- Professional experience/internship (up to 2 years), international exposure (exchange, summer school or internship abroad) and extracurricular achievements are highly valued by the Admissions Jury.
- Have a Master degree at one of the preeminent business and economics schools in Europe, ranked by The Financial Times in the list of Top European Business Schools. Under the ranking for the best Masters in Finance, our International MSc in Management is placed among the best in the world;
- Became part of an alumni network of more than 10.000 graduates worldwide;
- CATÓLICA-LISBON is well-known for its academic excellence! We offer rigorous quality in every course we teach using state-of-the-art knowledge;
- A Master's degree will ensure better placement success rates, higher autonomy and responsibility during your first jobs and most importantly, greater potential! CATÓLICA-LISBON places over 96% of its graduates in 3 months after completing their degree.
Information for international students
In addition to this scholarship provided by the school, we strongly recommend that you check in your home country about local government scholarship possibilities. Please note that late applications from overseas candidates requiring visas will only be considered if their visa request is already being processed.
Fees and funding
CATÓLICA TOP+ SCHOLARSHIP
CATÓLICA Top+ is a scholarship program meant for students with an outstanding academic record.
Implemented by CATÓLICA-LISBON, this program allows high-potential students to complete their MSc with a partial waiver of tuition fees.
We encourage outstanding students to apply for this scholarship, especially those that have completed their first cycle degree at the top of their classes.
The following criteria are highly valued by the jury:
- Undergraduate GPA;
- International experience;
- Professional experience (e.g. internships);
- Extracurricular activities;
- Contribution to the diversity of the cohort;
- Contribution to school activities.
How to apply
When submitting your application on the platform, you must upload a letter stating why you qualify for the Católica Top+ scholarship.
Note: Double Degree and Joint Degree students can only be granted a scholarship in the 1st year.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Marketing & Admissions Office