You are usually required to have an honours degree for entry onto this course. Relevant experience or a recognised professional qualification is preferable, but not a necessity.
Months of entry
The Graduate Certificate in Counselling Psychology is a one-year part-time course that provides an excellent foundation for further advanced study in counselling psychology.
It is designed for:
- graduates who have little or no professional experience but wish to extend their knowledge of counselling psychology skills and theory prior to undertaking more advanced training
- healthcare professionals, teachers, social workers, and managers
- others who wish to enhance their interpersonal and counselling skills and apply them within their professional practice.
Information for international students
For students whose first language is not English one of the following qualifications is also required: TOEFL (internet based) 100 - 105 or IELTS an overall score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 for each subtest.
Fees and funding
- Part-time EU: £3,500 per year (2015/16 fee; 2016/17 fee to be confirmed November 2015)
- Part-time Non EU: £6,500 per year (2015/16 fee; 2016/17 fee to be confirmed November 2015) (part-time option only available to those who do not require a student visa)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44(0)20 7040 8753
- +44 (0)20 7040 8580