To apply for this course, you must have:
- a lower second-class honours degree or above in any subject.
- an awareness of health or health-related care issues.
- GSCE’s (or accepted equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language with a minimum of a grade 4 pass (C or above).
- You will be required to have occupational health and enhanced disclosure and barring service clearance. Academic and character references may be requested.
Months of entry
The MSc in Children’s Nursing is designed for people who already have a degree and are looking for progression and further challenges which can be achieved by undertaking a rewarding and lifelong career within the nursing profession.
Throughout the course you will develop your knowledge, skills and interests in a variety of settings including paediatric general medicine and surgery, paediatric / neonatal intensive care, the paediatric emergency department and the community. You will learn through a range of methods including academic study, simulated practice, inter-professional learning and clinical placements where you will have the opportunity to work alongside other healthcare professionals in the multidisciplinary team.
The MSc in Children’s Nursing prepares you for an enjoyable and rewarding career caring for children, and their families, at different stages of the developmental spectrum who have acute and chronic illnesses, suffered injuries, had accidents and/or have a range of healthcare needs.
Children’s nursing is a challenging but fulfilling profession. As a children’s nurse you need to be committed and dedicated with a willingness to give time to others with care and compassion. You will learn the skills of clinical decision-making that is supported by evidence, knowledge and experience of providing healthcare to a diverse population.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)20 7040 5790