To apply for this course, you should have:
- Some mathematical background (A-level, IB, AP or any other equivalent secondary school qualification).
- An upper second-class degree (or equivalent) undergraduate degree in Economics or a related discipline (e.g. Finance or Mathematics).
Months of entry
Interested in pursuing a rewarding career as a health economist? The Health Economics MSc has been designed for those who have a background in economics and are looking to specialise. However, we also offer provision to those who are new to economics.
In developed and developing countries, the demand for specialists in health economics continues to increase. The Health Economics MSc is designed to meet this demand by introducing you to how microeconomics principles can be applied to the analysis of health and healthcare decisions by consumers, firms and governments.
As a result, you will gain the skills and knowledge you need to work as a Health Economist in the public and private sectors, and international health organisations and NGOs.
The Health Economics MSc will help you:
- Develop your analytical and modelling abilities
- Understand the principles of microeconomics applied to health and healthcare
- Apply principles and methods of economic evaluation
- Assess the principal theoretical models developed by economists to explain the healthcare sector
- Understand and apply the advanced quantitative methods used in health economics and economic evaluation
- Design, analyse and interpret economic evaluation research.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 7040 0249