- You should hold an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution.
- You must be able to demonstrate a hunger to be a journalist through relevant work experience. This may be paid work, an internship, student journalism in an academic institution, freelance work, or a combination of these.
Months of entry
The MA in International Journalism is a keystone course at City and has built up a worldwide reputation. This course has been running since 1982 and has more than 1,000 alumni working in journalism around the world.
During the course, you will become adept at print, broadcast and online journalism in a global context by:
- Studying news in all its forms
- Obtaining a profound understanding of international journalism from a UK perspective
- Practising all platforms of journalism (print, broadcast and online) Exploring theory as well as reflect on your practice.
You will learn how to gather and report in various styles and modes for a range of media (print, broadcast, online). You will also explore the contemporary global domain of journalism.
The course attracts students from all over the world, who will become your future professional network. You will benefit from being in one of the world’s most significant media cities with access to thousands of international journalists and sources.
On this course you will gain from using both traditional and contemporary journalism tools, and acquire comprehensive skills,which you can take back to your own country or move on with to anywhere in the world.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 7040 0249