To apply for this course, you must have:
- a second-class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution. We also consider applications from individuals who may not have prior experience of working within the health sector but who have plans for a career in health policy.
- significant relevant employment experience in the health sector may be considered.
Months of entry
City’s MSc Health Policy is the ideal route for graduates looking to start, change or develop their career within the health policy field. It combines an international focus and academic rigour with the development of practical, transferable skills that can be applied in a wide range of real-world health policy, planning and management settings.
We welcome applications from graduates (UK or international) from any academic discipline. The course is suitable for established professionals from a wide range of backgrounds, including:
- medical, nursing and allied health professions
- health management and administration
- public health
- national and local government
- national NGOs
- international agencies
- research institutions and consultancies
pharmaceutical, insurance and other health-related industries.
Health and health care policy are at the top of the political agenda around the world. People are living longer, consumers are expecting more from their health services and chronic illnesses are becoming prevalent. Medical technology is advancing rapidly, creating ever-increasing demand for the latest treatments.
Health policy affects and is affected by all of these factors. It aims to meet the growing challenges facing health systems by providing answers to such questions as:
- How can we best meet people’s changing health needs?
- How can we control spiralling health costs, while maintaining high quality and comprehensive health services?
- What is the most effective way of organising and paying for health care?
- How can we tackle inequalities in health and access to care?
- How can we measure and improve the performance of health systems?
City’s MSc in Health Policy gives you the knowledge and tools you need to understand, analyse and influence the health policy process, and to operate within an increasingly complex policy environment.
You will analyse the social, political and economic factors that affect policy at a local, national and international level. You will explore how and where policy is made, and who the key players are; and learn how to present your ideas clearly and persuasively to a range of influential stakeholders to bring about change.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)20 7040 5790