To apply for this course, you should have:
- a second-class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution.
- a lower qualification such as Diploma in Midwifery may be considered with appropriate prior experience. You would normally be expected to have been practicing as a registered midwife for at least one year
- at least one year's experience as a practising and registered midwife.
Months of entry
The course is designed for qualified midwives who have at least one year of experience in clinical midwifery practice. It has been designed to help you advance into senior, advanced and educational posts within the midwifery profession, where a Masters qualification is often desired.
The MSc provides the opportunity to create a challenging and rewarding course of study tailored to your personal development needs. Compulsory modules are kept to a minimum, enabling you to choose from a wide range of optional modules to personalise your learning.
Completing an Advanced Practice (Midwifery) MSc at City, University of London will not only demonstrate your ambition and aptitude for learning, it will increase your chances of success in your chosen career progression. Plus, our uniquely flexible programme enables you to tailor your learning to your unique learning needs and interests.
It is a natural progression from your preregistration Midwifery education helping you:
- Build upon your specialist knowledge and skills in a way that will widen your career opportunities.
- Gain a solid foundation of research skills and applied data analysis to support and extend your role as an evidence-based practitioner.
- Choose from a wide range of optional modules, building a unique and challenging learning programme tailored to your individual development needs and interests.
- Learn about the latest theoretical policy and clinical developments relating to midwifery. Develop research, applied data analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Prepare for leading roles as an evidence-based practitioner.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 20 7040 5790