To apply for this course, you will be required to have the following:
- BSc Psychology (minimum 2:1)
- Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBR) with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- MSc in Health Psychology accredited by the BPS (minimum 60 or higher on dissertation component)
- 12 months’ professional experience in research or a health psychology related area is desirable
- An arrangement to practice as a Health Psychology Trainee, this can be either paid or voluntary
- A workplace contact, who is ideally a Chartered Psychologist
- A police Disclosure and Barring Service (DBR) check previously known as a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check.
Months of entry
Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) since 2003 and approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), this Doctorate helps you take your final stage in becoming a Health Psychologist.
This Professional Doctorate is for Psychology students who are looking to embark on the final stage in becoming a Health Psychologist. You will develop the competencies, skills and experience you need to work as a Chartered Health Psychologist in a broad range of settings.
The course will enable you to:
- Develop your practical skills and ability to integrate theory into practice.
- Become an independent and self-critical learner.
- Understand how to support the learning of others.
- Work effectively in groups, using a wide range of learning resources.
- Produce an original piece of empirical research that contributes to the body knowledge in health psychology.
- Communicate complex or contentious information clearly and effectively to specialists and non-specialists.
- Act as an effective consultant.
- Learn to work independently and ethically in all of the registered health psychologist core competencies and continue with your own professional development.
- Prepare to practise competently and confidently in health psychology.
Information for international students
Students whose first language is not English need a minimum of IELTS 7.0 (with no less than 6.5 in each subtest.
Qualification and course duration
DPsych by taught
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 20 7040 0248
- +44 (0) 20 7040 0233