To apply for this course, you will need:
- An upper second-class Bachelor’s degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard
- A minimum of five grade 4 (C) passes in GCSE or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
Months of entry
The MSc in Speech & Language Therapy is designed for students who are committed to a rewarding career in speech and language therapy.
For those starting in September 2018 a new postgraduate pre-registration scholarship, worth £4,450, is available to those who display either clinical or academic excellence.
As a graduate with a first degree from a discipline outside healthcare, this course provides you with a fast-track route into health, enabling you to gain a pre-registration health qualification in two years as opposed to the usual three to four.
Ruth is a current Speech and Language Therapy student. Watch her video to find out more about her experiences and thoughts on life as a postgraduate student at City, University of London.
City's MSc Speech and Language Therapy has an excellent reputation and is based within the largest, teaching, research and clinical division in the UK for language and communication science.
The MSc will help you:
- Take a fast-track route into speech and language therapy
- Learn a range of subjects to develop your understanding of typical speech, language, communication, swallowing and of pathologies in these areas
- Integrate theoretical and real-world knowledge in considering approaches to the assessment and management of clients with communication and swallowing problems
- Understand how to take a holistic approach to your clients’ needs
- Gain real-world experience by undertaking clinical placements within a range of settings
- Prepare for a career in a challenging and varied field – from working with autistic children and people who stammer to adults who have lost their speech following a stroke.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Health Admissions
- +44 (0)20 7040 5000