To apply for this course, you should hold one of the following:
- A first or second-class honours degree, or the equivalent, from an international institution in an appropriate subject
- The Licentiate Diploma of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
Months of entry
This course is not suitable for candidates wishing to enter the speech and language therapy profession. If you wish to qualify as an SLT, please apply to our Speech & Language Therapy Programme.
This course is designed for qualified speech and language therapists. It will help you extend your clinical knowledge and expertise, and develop new research skills in preparation for specialist clinical positions or further research.
The Speech, Language & Communication (Advanced Practice) MSc will help you:
- Think in new ways about disorders of language, communication and swallowing.
- Introduce you to new theoretical ideas and new approaches to clinical practice.
- Strengthen your knowledge of the evidence base for clinical work.
- Enhance your skills in critically appraising research evidence.
- Provide you with the skills and knowledge that you need to begin independent research.
- Develop knowledge and skills that can be applied across different language and cultural contexts (making the programme highly suitable for home, EU or overseas students.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)20 7040 5790