To apply for this course, you should hold a first or second-class UK honours degree or an equivalent qualification and one of the following:
- A professional qualification in teaching or Speech and Language Therapy.
- At least two years' experience in an educational setting working with children with speech, language and communication needs.
Months of entry
This course is for school-based professionals who provide support for children with speech, language and communication needs.
Jointly run by City, University of London and UCL Institute of Education, this MSc is a unique collaboration between international leaders in research and professional practice. It brings together speech and language therapists, teachers and other graduate school-based practitioners for collaborative study.
You will gain high-level knowledge and analytical skills, along with the opportunity to share your professional experience and perspectives, while accessing current research in your field. Participating in this programme will help you raise your profile as a specialist and leader in speech, language and communication needs in the school setting.
The Speech, Language & Communication Needs in Schools: Advanced Practice MSc will help you:
- Understand and critically reflect on research and professional practice across both education and health.
- Develop high-level knowledge of educational contexts and children’s language, social, emotional and behavioural development and needs.
- Enhance your understanding of research methods and research skills.
- Complete a research project in a chosen area under expert supervision.
- Enjoy stimulation and fresh thinking in a community of fellow students, practitioners and research experts.
- Increase your credentials as a specialist and leader in your field.
- Improve prospects for higher-grade specialist and managerial posts.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)20 7040 5790