Applications are considered from students from a wide range of backgrounds. The minimum entry qualifications for applicants to the MSc Therapeutic Radiography (pre-registration) programme will be:
- 2:1 Honours degree from a UK university
- A science background will be considered advantageous to gaining a place on this programme.
- Any applicant with non-standard qualifications may apply subject to confirmation that their qualifications are acceptable and equivalent to an Honours degree from a UK university
- Evidence of academic achievement within the last five years
- Applicants must be able to evidence first hand observation/experience of clinical practice in a therapeutic radiography department before starting the programme.
You are required to pass Occupational Health clearance and a criminal record check by the Disclosure and Barring Service. Typically you will be eligible for a Department of Health bursary. You must also satisfy the University’s standard entrance qualifications and comply with statutory requirements so that you are eligible to apply for registration as a radiographer with the Health and Care Professions Council upon completion of the MSc Therapeutic Radiography (pre-registration) programme.
Months of entry
The postgraduate MSc in Therapeutic Radiography (pre-registration) programme provides you with an advanced education of the physical, technological, biological and social knowledge required to work within a healthcare team and gain the professional skills to practise as a radiographer. The programme will enable you to apply scientific research, professional and technical knowledge to allow you to build your understanding and clinical competence.
Successful completion of the MSc programme affords you a professional qualification in therapeutic radiography that will confer eligibility to apply for Health and Care Professions Council registration as a radiographer. The programme will provide you with the academic framework for the development of appropriate generic healthcare skills and specific competencies related to therapeutic radiography. You will be equipped to work within your chosen area of practice, and you will have the opportunity for continuous professional development within that area.
The radiography department at City University London has one of the best equipped radiography clinical skills suites in the UK. This offers a unique environment which will mirror many of the facilities you will encounter whilst undertaking your practice placements in the clinical environment. This offers a challenging yet supportive environment in which to study. The radiography team at City University London, are experts within the field. Key reasons to choose to study therapeutic radiography at City University London include:
- Clinical placements taking place in world class hospital trusts in London and Essex.
- An academic qualification that enables you to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and enter a respected profession with excellent career opportunities.
- Study on a flexible and modular course
- Benefit from a course accredited by the College of Radiographers
- Widen your employment opportunities in the UK and overseas
- Learn from expert staff and supportive academic lecturing team (all HCPC registered radiographers).
- Focus your study in the clinical specialties of radiotherapy radiography.
- Tuition fees paid by the NHS - bursaries are also available for eligible students.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details