Applicants should hold a Bachelor's degree with lower second class honours or above, in mechanical or automotive engineering or a related scientific or engineering discipline, or the equivalent from an international institution.
Months of entry
Whether you are a new graduate or an engineering professional, this course has been designed to help you develop advanced skills in thermofluids science and technology, fluid dynamics, structural analysis, heat conversion and recovery. You will learn with leading experts in the field on modules informed by the latest developments in technology and practice.
This course is designed to help you meet the challenges of the rapidly changing global market, with a focus on advanced thermal power, systems and processes. As a result, your studies will prepare you for a successful career in a wide range of engineering enterprises.
The programme has been developed from our research strength in fluid dynamics, structural mechanics, mathematical modelling in CAD, renewable and sustainable energy, gas turbine engineering, IC engines and powertrain, and advanced heat transfer.
The Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc will help you:
- Gain advanced knowledge of the latest technological developments in advanced mechanical engineering, particularly in thermo-fluids applications.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals, practical skills and an appreciation of the latest developments in engineering solutions in the energy and transport sectors.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the general areas of Mechanical Engineering subjects and to extended knowledge of underlying principles of modern methods of control and design of vehicle and power train systems.
- Assess the behaviour of mechanical, aeronautical or electrical systems.
- Apply advanced methods of analysis to mechanical, aeronautical or electrical systems.
- Gain extended knowledge of the underlying principles of modern methods of design of mechanical, aeronautical or electrical systems with appropriate methods.
- Appreciate advanced computer methods, e.g. CFD and CAD, using different software techniques.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programmes Office
- +44 (0)20 7040 0248