To apply for this course, you should have at least two-years’ employment experience in the aviation industry. You do not necessarily need a bachelor’s degree to enter this MSc programme, but you will need a professional licence, for example:
- An ACI Diploma in Airport Finance.
- Airport Security and the Gold Diploma in Global Safety Network.
- Air Transport Pilot’s Licence.
- Aircraft Engineer Licence.
- Air Traffic Controller Licence or similar.
To be accepted onto this course, you must successfully pass the mandatory Induction Workshop, which will assess whether you meet the English and writing skills requirements for this MSc programme.
Months of entry
The MSc in Airport Management has been designed to provide you with a mid-career education. If you have been employed in the aviation industry for at least two years and have the desire to develop your career in the fast-growing airport industry, this programme is for you.
- Develop your knowledge of the complex disciplines and various technical, operational and financial pressures impacting airport management and the various ground-handling areas
- Evaluate and apply relevant theories within the airport domain
- Understand the interaction of all the major components of the airport industry – from organisations, governments, airlines, alliances and airport regulatory authorities to suppliers, manufacturers, staff and unions
- Discuss, examine, synthesise and apply a conceptual understanding and knowledge of the various processes within the airport domain
- Prepare for a career in airport management.
Information for international students
The mandatory Induction Workshop must be passed to ensure that you meet the English and writing skills requirements for this MSc programme.
Your English should be proficient as is required in the aviation industry and the ICAO English classification.
Please also see the international page.
Fees and funding
Please see the fees and funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Course Office
- +44 (0)20 7040 8112