The City Law School accepts candidates for postgraduate study who have very strong academic potential and good English.
To apply, you should normally hold a first degree in Law from a recognised university (lower second-class honours UK-standard or higher).
Applicants with UK honours degrees or equivalent in a subject other than Law are also encouraged to apply and will be considered. An appropriate professional qualification and relevant experience may also be acceptable.
Also, those without formal qualifications but who have more than ten years’ relevant working experience may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
Months of entry
January, September, May
This online course is suitable for those looking to develop a career in international business or law. This course has been designed for recent graduates seeking to improve career prospects in international business and law or professionals working in international business, finance or international business law seeking to develop their expertise.
As the emphasis of the programme is on the practical and problem-solving aspects of the law, it will also help those who may not possess a legal background.
Students who complete the LLM may wish to continue their advanced legal studies by enrolling on the PhD or MPhil programmes offered by The City Law School.
As this LLM is a distance learning programme, you do not need to enter the UK. As a result, you will not require a visa for this course if you are an overseas student.
The course will enable you to:
- Have the freedom to study in your own working environment and at your own pace on a flexible, part-time LLM.
- Access technology-enhanced learning environments that support your experience.
- Benefit from City's extensive range of legal databases, including e-journals and e-books.
- Develop specialist knowledge and broaden your existing knowledge of the legal rules which impact international business.
- Acquire legal and research skills to help enhance your career prospects as an international business professional or legal practitioner.
- Gain transferable skills that are essential to understanding and succeeding in international business.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 7040 5787