To enrol on the MBA in Cyber Security programme, applicants must:
- be an honours graduate of any discipline, obtained from a recognised university/HE institution, or hold an equivalent qualification acceptable to Coventry Business School;
- have a minimum of two years' post-degree full-time work experience in a management/administrative/professional capacity;
- without an honours degree BUT with substantial work experience of at least TEN years since leaving secondary school;
This course requires IELTS 6.5. If you don’t have the required level of English then view our range of Pre-Sessional English courses.
Students who do not fit with the entry requirements can gain entry but their suitability will be assessed by The Director of the MBA in Cyber Security.
AP(E)L will be assessed by The Director of the MBA in Cyber Security.
All non-standard admissions as detailed are taken to the Faculty’s Accreditation Committee for approval.
Months of entry
This course is delivered via Blended Learning and students will be required to occasionally attend the Coventry Campus. Please contact us for further advice in regard to short term study visas if required.
This qualification has been developed in direct response to the need for government and industry to increase cyber management knowledge and expertise in the workplace.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
The MBA in Cyber Security (MBACS) aims to provide an educational experience which enables individuals to achieve an integrated understanding of the operation and strategy of management and to develop appropriate intellectual and personal skills.
The MBACS will enable individuals to understand complex business problems and key issues in cyber security whilst exploring many associated business issues such as globalisation and ethics to ensure successful global trade.
There is an exciting opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge gained in the MBACS to business. This can be achieved by undertaking an appropriate individual or group research project based on a real cyber security issue at the dissertation stage.
The MBACS is designed to explicitly cultivate the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfil the gap in the workforce.
The first of its kind, the MBACS is structured so that you are exposed to a common core of key management issues within the fields of Strategy, Finance and Accounting, Human Resource Management and Marketing.
As distinct from MSc courses in this field, the MBACS aims to provide individuals with the skills to become effective managers by making informed decisions around cyber security risk management issues. The course provides a number of specialist modules that allows the individual to tailor their own pathway to complement and build on their existing knowledge.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Cyber Security: Strategic Thinking and Analysis;
- Cyber Security: Management and Leadership;
- Network Security;
- Cyber Security: Financial Accounting and Decision Making;
- Cyber Security: Human Resource Management, Trust and People;
- Cyber Security: Marketing Principles and Crisis Communications.
- Digital Security Risk and Audit Management;
- Enterprise and Big Data Management;
- International Cyber and Digital Law;
- Network Defence Management.
The titles and content of the modules will continue to evolve with help from our Industry Advisory Board.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office:
Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152
Fees and funding
For Coventry University graduates there is an alumni discount of £1000, there are also Postgraduate Merit Scholarships available to UK students of £1000 towards tuition fees - please visit website for more information and criteria.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UK - Recruitment and Admissions Office
- +44(0)24 7765 4321