To be considered for the MA Advertising and Marketing programme you must normally hold a good 2nd class Honours degree or equivalent in a related Business or Management discipline or any other discipline that is acceptable to the Business School. Exceptions to this will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants whose first language is not English must have a minimum IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 600 or equivalent.
Months of entry
The Advertising and Marketing MA degree focuses on the link between organisations and the customer. It will help you to develop a greater understanding of how to produce persuasive communications and give you a broader perspective on aspects of marketing communications.
The course provides opportunities to work on live or near live projects so that students can gain further experience to assist them in the work place.
This course gives you the opportunity to:
- develop both cognitive and practical skills in advertising and marketing;
- study a variety of advertising and marketing topics which includes creative development, copywriting, brand management and development, media consumption and selection and communications management;
- have the option of enrolling on the internship programme, providing the opportunity to undertake a workplace project on behalf of an organisation.
At the start of the course all marketing students will study a common core:
- consumer behaviour;
- principles of marketing;
- marketing communications;
- information acquisition and analysis.
After this students will study specific modules. This provides an opportunity to select from a range of topics, including e-marketing and services marketing. So whether you are interested in strategy, internationalism, contemporary theory or communications, the Coventry University Business School postgraduate marketing suite offers you an outstanding opportunity to enhance your career prospects.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office:
Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152
Fees and funding
For Coventry University graduates there is an alumni discount of £500, there are also Postgraduate Merit Scholarships available to UK students of £1000 towards tuition fees - please visit website for more information and criteria
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UK - Recruitment and Admissions Office
- +44(0)24 7765 4321
- + 44 (0)24 7688 8609