A good undergraduate degree. This course is aimed primarily at law graduates, legal practitioners (solicitors and barristers) from the UK and other jurisdictions, and business graduates with some knowledge of law. International applicants should also hold a minimum of 6.5 score in the IELTS test for English language.
Months of entry
International business and business law has an impact on all manner of companies who need to adjust to the demands of global trade. International Business Law embraces the legal framework and environment in which transnational business is conducted, providing an opportunity to learn the principles of that framework and the specific laws and regulations pertaining to areas such as international sales, intellectual property and corporate governance.
Given the increasing internationalisation of business, International Business Law continues to be of global relevance and importance to both business practices and legal advisers. This course offers you the opportunity to enhance your future career prospects and professional development by providing specialist knowledge of this important and growing area of legal knowledge.
If you choose this course you could benefit from:
- an in-depth understanding and analysis of international business law through the study of a range of contemporary international modules in areas such as trade, corporate governance, environmental law, international crime and competition law;
- extensive guidance on research, study and writing skills together with research design and methods, in preparation for writing assessments and researching and submitting your dissertation;
- a range of contemporary international law modules to allow specialism in international sales, competition law, corporate governance and the regulation of activities affecting the international and criminal obligations of businesses;
- the study of legal subjects and research and academic skills alongside home and EU students and a wide range of international students, thus gaining a rewarding and varied academic and personal experience.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office:
Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152
Fees and funding
For Coventry University graduates there is an alumni discount of £500, there are also Postgraduate Merit Scholarships available to UK students of £1000 towards tuition fees - please visit website for more information and criteria
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||60|
|Dissertation||40 (12000 words)|
Course contact details
- UK - Recruitment and Admissions Office
- +44(0)24 7765 4321
- + 44 (0)24 7688 8609