A good undergraduate degree. This course is aimed primarily at law graduates, legal practitioners (solicitors and barristers) from the UK and other jurisdictions, and politics graduates with some knowledge of law. International applicants should also hold a minimum of 6.5 score in the IELTS test for English language.
Months of entry
International law regulates almost every aspect of state law and practice, whether in business, human rights or the environment, and also regulates the relationship between different states and governments.
The LLM International Law programme offers a varied and stimulating range of mandatory and optional modules, enabling students to shape their course to their best advantage, with the option to include Public International Law, Human Rights, International Environmental Law and International Business Law. International Law continues to be of global relevance and importance to business practices, state agencies and to legal advisers. This course offers you the opportunity to help enhance your future career prospects and professional development by providing specialist knowledge of this important, ever expanding, area of legal knowledge.
If you choose this course you could benefit from:
- an in-depth understanding and analysis of international law through the study of a range of contemporary modules in areas such as public international law, corporate governance, environmental law and international human rights law;
- extensive guidance on research, study and writing skills together with research design and methods, in preparation for writing assessments and researching and submitting your dissertation;
- the study of a range of contemporary international law modules to allow specialism in international diplomatic relations, human rights law, corporate governance and environmental law;
- the study of legal subjects and research and academic skills alongside home and EU students and a wide range of international students, thus gaining a rewarding and varied academic and personal experience.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office:
Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152
Fees and funding
For Coventry University graduates there is an alumni discount of £500, there are also Postgraduate Merit Scholarships available to UK students of £1000 towards tuition fees - please visit website for more information and criteria
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||70|
Course contact details
- UK - Recruitment and Admissions Office
- +44(0)24 7765 4321
- + 44 (0)2476 88 8609