Applicants should hold a good honours degree 2.2 or above in a relevant academic discipline. Applications from candidates with relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis. International applicants should also hold a minimum of 6.5 score in the IELTS test for English language.
Months of entry
The sport industry is expected to offer increasing employment opportunities as the industry continues to grow throughout the world. However, alongside this growth has also developed a more competitive labour market and higher expectations of organisations, managers and customers within the sport industry.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
The strong specificities of the sport industry (e.g. high media coverage and social resonance, ambiguity of objectives and conflicting logics, multiplicity of stakeholders, uncertainty of outcome, necessary cooperation and co-production between competitors, fans loyalty, volunteerism etc.) require managers with specific skills and expertise, and an in-depth knowledge of sport organisations.
The MSc in Sport Management at the Coventry Business School therefore aims to provide specialist training for sport business managers who are working in the sector or those who are seeking a professional career in the industry. It is also open to graduates in any discipline with no prior work experience and who are looking for the opportunity for employment in any of the many sectors that comprise the sport sector. In this regard, the following objectives have been established:
- to introduce you to a range of concepts and theories that will enable them to critically analyse sports organisations contexts and functions both nationally and internationally;
- to explore current trends and key concepts in sport management;
- to enable you to further develop analytical and decision-making skills and to encourage reflective practice;
- to enable you to recognise, plan and develop appropriate management skills necessary to build contacts in the sport industry and/or gain employment in sport organisations.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
These courses are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect new developments and the requirements of the profession, needs of industry and government legislation.
The course covers a range of subject areas such as:
- sport organisation and governance;
- sport legal environment and broadcasting;
- sport finance;
- managing people in sport organisations;
- sport marketing and sponsorship;
- facilities and events operations management.
You are also given the opportunity to follow optional topics such as:
- strategic management;
- entrepreneurship and small business;
- developing skills for business leadership;
- market research.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office: Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152 www.coventry.ac.uk/iocontactus
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Recruitment and Admissions Office
- 024 7765 4321