- Be an honours graduate of any discipline, obtained from a recognised University/Higher Education Institution, or hold an equivalent qualification acceptable to the Engineering and Business Faculties in a business related area.
- Have a minimum of two years post-degree relevant full-time work experience in a professional capacity.
Applicants who do not fit with the above entry requirements can gain entry, but their degrees and experience will be assessed for appropriate content by the MBA Course Director.
Months of entry
The MBA is seen by many as an essential passport to success in senior management. It is the senior managers of engineering/manufacturing companies that face the challenge of delivering success for their companies, and it is this MBA in Engineering Management that helps prepare students for such roles.
The focus of the course is on international operations in the engineering sector and, within this context, developing student capability to successfully manage and grow an engineering company at the highest levels.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
A distinctive feature of this course is the practical approach adopted in delivering the carefully selected mix of engineering and general management topics, combined with the use of computer simulation and the extensive use of Activity Led Learning. The course is aimed at graduates or experienced managers, and is designed:
- With a focus on enhancing students’ practical managerial and engineering capabilities in work-related areas of business.
- Such that students obtain a sound knowledge of business strategy and an understanding of key business functions.
- So that the important role of engineering in strategic management can be fully appreciated.
- With the aim of demonstrating the potential that the manufacturing function has to significantly increase company competitiveness and long term profitability, and how this can be achieved.
- Such that students are able to interact with one another through forums, and work together as virtual groups.
- To deliver an additional Chartered Management certificate.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
You will study:
- Engineering strategic management.
- Principles of marketing.
- Financial analysis and decision making.
- Human resource management.
- Global lean and agile operations.
- Entrepreneurship and innovation for engineers.
- Sustainability and the environment.
- Global Professional Development - Consultancy
- Research methods and the environment.
In addition, students must satisfactorily complete a significant strategy-based project, or a strategy-related industry based project.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office:
Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152
Fees and funding
For Coventry University graduates there is an alumni discount of £1000, there are also Postgraduate Merit Scholarships available to UK students of £1000 towards tuition fees - please visit website for more information and criteria
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UK - Recruitment and Admissions Office
- +44(0)24 7765 4321
- + 44 (0)24 7688 8609