Thsi course is open to applicants who hold a state registerable qualificatin as a nurse or a paramedic. Students must have studiedto BSc or equivalent and must have a minimum of 2 years full-time (or equivalent) experience in the route they wish to study. You must have been been qualified for a minimum of five years, with a minimum of two years specialist experience.
Generic RouteEmergency CareComplex Life Threatening CareLong-term Conditions
Months of entry
The Advancing Practice MSc degree is aimed at healthcare practitioners (predominantly Nurses and Paramedics) who want to make real a difference and improve standards of practice throughout all aspects of healthcare provision. This exciting programme has been developed to meet the needs of healthcare practitioners who wish to expand their practice, to be recognised as 'Advancing Practitioners'.
- enhance the quality and standard of patient care,
- influence the strategic direction of patient care within your own field of practice,
- develop into an enquiring and reflective clinician.
The course includes the following opportunities:
- enhance the quality and standard of patient care;
- influence the strategic direction of patient care within your own field of practice;
- develop into an enquiring and reflective clinician;
- expand the professional boundaries of clinical practice as a result of increased theoretical knowledge, inter-professional working and supervised practice;
- implement service developments and clinical practice via a variety of methods;
- adopt a pro-active approach to continuing professional development;
- develop enhanced nurse–patient and carer relationships;
- respond to the changing demands of health care practice.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office:
Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UK - Recruitment and Admissions Office
- +44(0)24 7765 4321
- 024 7679 5950