The course is open to professionally qualified health and social care professionals. Applicants should normally hold a degree or a diploma, in their own professional field, as recognised in the country of study/origin. Students must have one year's experience in neurological rehabilitation. Students whose first language is not English are required to have at least IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent).
Months of entry
This course provides an excellent opportunity for personal and professional development for health and social care professionals who wish to develop and extend their knowledge base and professional expertise in the field of neurological rehabilitation. The course builds upon students' current knowledge and experience to facilitate an in-depth exploration of neurological rehabilitation. It is underpinned throughout by evidence based practice and clinical reasoning to ensure the development of a sound, effective and reasoned approach to practice.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- The Postgraduate Certificate in Neurological Rehabilitation has been developed to respond to the challenges of a changing healthcare climate;
- all modules are well established within the Faculty and are regularly developed and updated to reflect contemporary practice;
- modules are shared between professions thus providing valuable opportunity for discussion and debate as well as reflecting the interprofessional nature of the practice of neurological rehabilitation;
- all tutors delivering on the modules have specialist knowledge and experience in neurology and neurological rehabilitation.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The Postgraduate Certificate in Neurological Rehabilitation programme requires students to complete three modules:
- The Neural Control of Human Behaviour;
- The Principles of Neuro-Rehabilitation;
- Evidence-Based Practice.
The course content is reviewed regularly to remain responsive to current practice developments and developments in neurology and neurological rehabilitation.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office:
Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||60|
|Dissertation||30 (15000 words)|
Course contact details
- Health and Social Care Unit
- +44 (0) 24 7679 5388 or +44 (0) 24 7679 5958