A professional qualification in social work, health care profession or social care or equivalent. Plus an equivalent demonstration of relevant practice knowledge and ability to study at postgraduate level. Applicants for whom English is not their first language must also be able to demonstrate IETLS 6.5. You may need to attend an interview. Additionally, you will need access to a PC capable of running Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6 or above, Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint) or compatible software, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Broadband connection (4 mb/s recommended), Webcam (suggested) with microphone and speakers.
Months of entry
Health and social care national and international sectors have become increasing complex and the need for dynamic and effective leaders and managers who can design, lead and implement agreed outcomes is a growing priority. The course explores both models and theory, providing you with the confidence and critical thinking to use leadership and management ideas to shape future care services, lead service redesign, evidence based practice and the development of new service delivery models that ensure safe, efficient and effective services.
Why chose this course?
Our course will also equip you with the expertise you need to lead and work within leadership and management positions in the expanding health and social care sectors and to take advantage of the wealth of exciting opportunities for postgraduate careers. If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- Developing your skills to lead service redesign, guide evidence based practice and develop new service delivery models that ensure safe efficient and effective services;
- learning in an inter-disciplinary environment, using technology, international perspectives and meeting continuing professional development (CPD) requirements;
- developing and consolidating your professional development at all organisational levels in the growing national and international social and health care sector;
- engaging with research active staff involved in local, national and international applied research which informs their teaching and mentoring;
- combining online and on campus study to achieve maximum study flexibility which complements your working and domestic life;
- participating in international events.
What will I learn?
The post graduate certificate is made up of three modules:
- Professional leadership
- Managing the performance of individuals and teams
- Managing change in dynamic environments
At the diploma stage you can select 2 modules from:
- Governance: citizens, communities and consumers;
- Managing practice: complexity and risk;
- Epidemiology, interventions and improvements; and either;
- Assistive technology and the wider perspective; or Advancing practice :professional perspectives;
Additionally you will complete a project related to a work issue.
At the final stage of the masters award you will undertake a module studying research methods and complete a research project.
The course provides excellent opportunities to combine theory, practice and international insights to broader social care, housing and social enterprise.
Information for international students
Please contact our International/EU Office
Telephone: +44(0)24 7615 2152
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Health and Social Care Unit
- +44 (0) 24 7679 5388 or +44 (0) 24 7679 5958