A good quality honours degree or equivalent. Applications from candidates with relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
English Language IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Months of entry
This course starts in October 2017.
This programme is aimed at finance students and professionals who seek specialist knowledge on the curriculum of Financial Risk Manager (FRM) through a postgraduate degree.
The programme enables participants to build a general framework in finance which will reflect core candidate body of knowledge in professional finance exams required by global financial institutions. Students who wish to gain these qualifications must register and complete the final examinations with the relevant professional bodies.
Courses are taught by academics who have finance industry background gained through working as analyst or manager in leading investment bank and asset management firm.
Students on this programme can utilise the new trading floor on campus with professional software such as Bloomberg Terminals, S&P Capital IQ Platform, STATA and TradeStation, and specifically designed financial simulation software such as Oxyor and Volcube. This provides the programme with a distinctive and innovative edge and equips students with transferable skills.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- There are many reasons to study at Coventry University London including:
- our focus on employability;
- our location in the heart of the City of London;
- our work experience opportunities;
- the personalised attention we dedicate to students;
- our industry links;
- our industry trained Teaching Fellows;
- our top rankings.
As well as this, there are also a number of reasons to look forward to studying this programme specifically:
- a university programme which ranks top 7th in accounting and finance (2016 Guardian University Subject League Table);
- an opportunity to participate in exam preparation for professional qualifications
- a programme taught by academics that have backgrounds within the finance industry having worked as analysts or managers in leading investment banks, asset management firms or hedge funds;
- an opportunity to participate in international field trips to global financial centres and experience leading lectures from high-profile figures in finance;
- a unique experience delivered by a top 15th UK University with strong foundations in educating business leaders.
- The MSc Global Finance programme has been approved by The Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Modules you will be able to study include:
- Global Financial Market
- Ethics and Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Understanding Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Trading Economics
- Valuation of Equity and Fixed Income
- Portfolio Management
- Empirical Finance and Accounting Research Method
- Academic and Professional Skills
- Employability and Enterprise Skills
- Electives (choose two only)
- Corporate Finance
- Risk Analysis and Financial Modelling
- Financial Risk Management
- Fixed Income, Derivatives and Alternative Investment
The final term project options include the following:
- Individual Consulting Project
- Group Consulting Project
- Financial Simulation
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
MSc programmes are delivered over four terms of 10 weeks.
All students study core finance modules, additional skills modules and a final term project.
Students will study twelve modules and will be guided through the course in preparation for professional finance exam.
Information for international students
Click here for more information.
Fees and funding
Coventry University London is delighted to have recently launched a number of scholarships to UK and International students. You can find out more about our Scholarships by viewing our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Recruitment and Admissions Office
- +44 (0) 24 7765 4321