A good quality honours degree or equivalent. Applications from candidates with relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis. Work experience is desirable but not essential.
English as a foreign language: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Months of entry
This course starts in October 2017 and January 2018.
The international business environment is changing and a new and very different market reality is emerging. The students of today need to adopt flexible patterns of thinking and behaviour to succeed as the managers of tomorrow.
The International Human Resource Management Masters in Business Administration (MBA) has been designed to prepare students for successful careers in the strategic management and development of people in the complex and fast-changing environment of the contemporary workplace.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This course has your future employability as its focus. By choosing to study at Coventry University London you will benefit from:
By choosing this programme students can benefit from:
- an opportunity to participate in UK and International field trips. Previous field trips have included visits to, Switzerland, France and Japan;
- a programme taught by industry-trained academics who are also accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD);
- a programme with 95% student satisfaction;
- a truly multi-cultural global experience with students coming from over 50 countries;
- a programme infused with work experience opportunities;
- business start-up advice and support during the programme for those wishing to start their own business;
- the opportunity to obtain the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership*
- Upon successful completion of the programme you will be awarded CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in HRM*
Coventry University London has worked with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to map selected modules on this programme to the CMI syllabus. As a result of this, students who pass two specific modules on their way to achieving the full qualification can be awarded the CMI Certificate Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership*. The CMI is the UK awarding body for management and leadership qualifications. It is the only chartered professional body dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. It counts more than 100,000 members and is internationally recognised as the professional body that set the standards in management.
* Subject to registering as a CMI member: CMI membership fees apply.
*Subject to registering as a CIPD member
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The MBA International Human Resource Management has been developed to provide graduates with the opportunity to acquire high level expertise in strategic business, and commercial competencies needed for an international context.
The learning and assessment of the International Human Resource Management MBA reflect an action learning approach and is focused upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis.
All MBA students study five core management modules, four mandatory modules and an internship or project.
International Human Resource Management Modules include:
- Academic and Professional Skills
- Sustainable Strategy: from Planning to Implementation
- Marketing in a Global Age; Employability and Consulting Skills
- Leading in a Changing World
- Finance, Funding and Legislative Frameworks for Success
- Business and Management Research Methods or Entrepreneurship: Creating a Business Opportunity
- Global Human Resource Management Strategies
- International Organisational Development; Developing People
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Internship, Simulation, Entrepreneurship or Dissertation
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
- Each module is delivered weekly over a 10 week period. Each weekly delivery consists of a one hour Knowledgecast session, a one hour seminar session and a two hour group activity session;
- Students will be supported by a module coordinator and industry experts;
- Regular consultations during the final project;
- Peer interaction and collaboration via Coventry University’s online learning platform.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Through a mixture of seminar and workshop activities, debates, presentations and written assignments, individual and group programme work.
- With all of our assessments our aim is to encourage students to be in a position to demonstrate subject knowledge and develop professional skills such as professional report writing, structuring a logical argument, analysing data or making a compelling presentation.
Information for international students
+44 (0) 24 7765 2152
Click here for more information.
Fees and funding
Coventry University London is delighted to have recently launched a number of scholarships to UK and International students. You can find out more about our Scholarships by viewing our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment
- +44 (0) 24 7765 4321