A good quality honours degree or equivalent. Applications from candidates with relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis. Work experience is desirable but not essential.
English as a foreign language: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Months of entry
This course starts in October 2017 and January 2018.
The MBA Oil and Gas Management Programme is ideal for candidates already working in or interested in a career in the Oil, Gas and Energy Industry. This Programme is designed to equip you with the required knowledge and skills for Leadership and Management in the Hydrocarbon and Energy Industry.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
Coventry University London has worked with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to map selected modules on this programme to the CMI syllabus. As a result of this, students who pass two specific modules on their way to achieving the full qualification can be awarded the CMI Certificate Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership*. The CMI is the UK awarding body for management and leadership qualifications. It is the only chartered professional body dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. It counts more than 100,000 members and is internationally recognised as the professional body that set the standards in management.
This programme is also designed to provide you with up to date knowledge of the Oil, Gas and Energy Industry, giving you a holistic view of the value chain of the Hydrocarbon and Energy Business. You will be taught key management principles, models, practical theories and best practices that will enhance your competitiveness and prepare you for management roles in the hydrocarbon and energy industry.
You will also have the opportunity of acquiring professional certifications such as the NEBOSH and IOSH during the course of your Programme.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- A unique experience delivered by an institution with strong foundations in educating business leaders;
- Work-related activity and leading lectures from high-profile business figures;
- Essential training in key areas such as CV writing, presentation skills and interview technique which will enhance your employability prospects in the industry
- Comprehensive immigration, visa advice and student support is available;
- A programme infused with work experience opportunities – the programme has strategic business partners that offer field trip opportunities, guest lectures and internship opportunities;
- A programme delivered by a Department accredited as a Learning Affiliate with the Energy Institute;
- Two major Oil and Gas Management simulations that put students in emergency situations and in situations where they are required to manage their company and relations with governments, communities, competitors, suppliers, NGOs and its own staff in tricky circumstances;
- Business start-up advice and support during the programme if students wish to start their own business;
- An opportunity to participate in UK and International field trips.
- An opportunity to obtain a dual qualification - MBA Oil and Gas Management plus CMI Certificate Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership qualification.
Chartered Management Institute logo* Subject to registering as a CMI member: CMI membership fees apply.
Coventry University London is a registered Learning Affiliate with the Energy Institute. This relationship provides our students with the following benefits:
- Free individual EI membership for our students
- Specialized career talks delivered by local experts
- Periodic Publications from the Energy Institute which include ‘Energy World’ and ‘Petroleum Review’
Our students will benefit from free networking events with respected individuals high up in the Energy Industry and will have free access to EI online resources which will enable them document their career progression, with which they could present to employers.
Our students will also have the opportunity to apply for ‘Benevolent Funds’ and other forms of assistance provided by the Energy Institute.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This course comprises of core modules in management, specialist modules at the cutting edge of practice in the oil and gas industries, and an organisation-based internship, consulting project or dissertation.
All MBA students study five core management modules, four mandatory modules and an internship or project.
Industry specialist Modules on the MBA Oil and Gas Management Programme include:
- Petroleum Environmental Law, Technology and Governance
- Oil and Gas Project Management
- Integrated Emergency, Risk and Safety Management in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Impact of Oil and Gas Production in a Developing World
Core Management Modules on the MBA Oil and Gas Management Programme Include:
- Sustainable Strategy – From Planning to Implementation
- Leading in a Changing World
- Finance, Funding and Legislative Frameworks for Success
- Marketing in a Global Age
Research options on the MBA Oil and Gas Management Programme Include:
- Organisational Internship or Consulting
- Entrepreneurship – Developing a Business Plan
- Oil and Gas Management Practice Simulation
Skills Modules on the MBA Oil and Gas Management Programme include:
- Academic and Professional Skills for Oil and Gas Management
- Employability and Enterprise Skills
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
Your learning at Coventry University London is underpinned and supported by the latest developments in technology. Audience Response Systems are used in class to quickly explore your level of understanding and identify any specific issues to focus on.
We use audio visual materials in a range of ways to bring the curriculum to life, through recorded interviews with business leaders, recording key lectures and seminars for you to review and re-watch or in recording your own board presentations as part of your assessed work.
Information for international students
+44 (0) 24 7765 2152
Click here for more information.
Fees and funding
Coventry University London is delighted to have recently launched a number of scholarships to UK and International students. You can find out more about our Scholarships by viewing our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Recruitment and Admissions Office
- +44 (0) 24 7765 4321